sale of leasehold

Go down

sale of leasehold

Post by Abi on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi All

Apparently the sale of the leasehold went ahead on 22nd of Dec and we will be receiving details of the new landlord imminently.

Also Wilson Field (the liquidators acting for Hazel Homes) confirmed that some of the vacant properties in the building are owned by directors of Hazel Homes.

Im sure we will find more as time progresses just though id keep you posted

Abi

Abi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: sale of leasehold

Post by Charlie on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Thanks for the info Abi. It is interesting to hear that some of the properties were owned by Hazel Homes.

Charlie

Charlie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks also for the info Abi, hopefully the new owners will sort out a Management company.

Cheers,

Steve

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kate on Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:26 am

Hi everyone - if the new landlord does sort the management company & we eventually find out how much that will cost, can i suggest we all get together & decide if it is a reasonable amount to pay and that they provide us with a breakdowon of costs (which we are allowed to demand before we make any payment)?
When Powerminster Gleeson took over the maintenance, I thought the fee they were asking was too much so i caled them and said that when we moved in & MacDonald Partnership were the agents we were paying approx £46 per month & Powermister were asking for £125 per month. I asked for a breakdown of costs but they never sent me anything so i refused to pay until this was rec'd - they never asked me for any money after that. I know that some residents paid part/all of the fee to Powerminster so if the same situation arises with the new agent can we stick together so we pay a fee that we all feel appropriate? With the current climate i don't want to get ripped off!

Thanks
Kate

kate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abi on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Hi All

I rang the number of the new landlord the other day to make some enquiries about repairs etc. Apparently they are planning to appoint a management agency and a representative from this agency is meeting me on site next friday lunchtime to discuss any necessary repairs etc (then will come back to residents with quotes).

This was request on their behalf as they do not yet have keys etc for the property.

If there are anythings ppl would like mentioning specifically please let me know. All i can think of is lighting inside and out, and possibly the banister in the front block?

Cheers
Abi

Abi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Hi Abi,

Thanks for making contact with them. I wasn't sure how much of an interest they would take in the property management to be honest but I am very pleased to hear that they intend to get a management company up and running again. I have always been a bit twitchy about not having one in case anything serious arose with the building.

I still have an extra key for the new lock on the back block utility cupboard if the new landlord wants one.

I think you have got the big issues covered that they needed to be aware of. The light outside my flat hasn't worked for a while. I did attempt to change the bulb a little while ago but it seemed like it needed more than just a bulb to fix it. One of the clips which holds the special bulb in place seemed to be missing too.

The only other thing I can think of is that some of the lights in the courtyard are not fixed properly to the ground and are prone to falling over/being knocked over by people. It might be good to get these properly fixed to ground again. The cement there are the moment is very soft. This is only a very minor issue though and could be sorted at anytime.

I seem to remember Jason mentioning some light damage to the smoke detector on the top floor hallway in the back block.

Thanks for taking care of this Abi, it is much appreciated.

Charlie

Charlie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kate on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi Abi - thanks letting us know about the management company.

The handrail on the front block needs seeing to - i stored it in the meter cupboard so if you think you might need the key let me know & i'll drop it round. Again light bulbs on front block. The lock for the courtyard door on the front block is holding ok for the moment but it's only a temporary fix.

It will be good to eventually have some general cleaning done too & proper buildings insurance in place. I am also free friday lunchtime if you want me to join you - just let me know x

kate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Abi on Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 pm

That would be great thanks. Not sure when he's due (just said lunchtime) But I'll give you a knock

Don't worry if you've since made plans....i know im late getting back to you

Abi

Abi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:57 pm

Hi All,

Hopefully a management company will get appointed soon and they won't charge a rip off monthly fee.

I can't see that the fee should be that high, as at my last flat which charged £45/month they had extensive gardens and that was over half the outgoing costs.

What do we have here that requires maintenance. Off hand though probably more :-

1. Cleaning of stairway carpets
1a. Painting of stairways (seperate cost at old flat)
2. Stairway and courtyard lighting (last flat had a local electrical contractor visit once a week to check lights).
3. Landlord electricity for lighting/electrical use
4. Window cleaning (think once a month is norm)
5. Replacing wear and tear items like stairway carpets when they become worn (my last flat this was a seperate cost when it happened though).
6. General repairs/painting (again at last flat this was a seperate cost though general repairs sometimes covered by maintenance depended on what it was).

Think that's about it off hand :). Agree with Kate's post about getting a breakdown of costs is a good idea.

Anyway hopefully it'll all work out

Jason

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down